Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Starting to stock pile!

I went to Safeway and Giant today in the rain! Or should I say in the mist. Yes, it mists in the city. It's very weird (I'm from Florida where when it rains you can feel it). Anyway, we were out of all produce so I had to go grocery shopping today. I went to Safeway where I bout 6 non-dairy milks(Soy Dream and Rice Dream) for $1.50 each. We usually can't find any for less than $2.00. I had also bought 6 of these milks the other day too so I guess this is technically my second shot at stock piling. I think we go through 2 milks per month and these non-dairy milks do not need to be refrigerated until the're opened so they have a pretty long shelf life. Then I went to Giant and bought 6 tubs of Smart Balance. They were on sale for $2.50 and I had 3 coupons for a dollar off of 2. So I paid $2.00 for each instead of the usual $3.00. Apparently you can't freeze Smart Balance but we usually go through one tub a month (I think) and the expiration date for them is a while from now. I also saw chocolate chips on sale for a dollar cheaper than normal so I bought 4 packs. We usually don't go through many chocolate chips around here but I do crave homemade chocolate chip cookies every now and then.

All in all I think I just purchased six months worth of:
Milk: paid: $18.00 , saved: $15.32
Butter: paid: $12.00, saved: $5.92
Chocolate chips: paid: $11.16, saved: $3.20

Total paid: $41.16
Total saved: $24.44

No comments:

Post a Comment